Sunday, March 25, 2012

Hainan Chicken Rice















I went to ShaoYe Hainan chicken rice!
The chicken was very smooth and I was supplied with a variety of dipping sauces.

But the rice.

OH, the rice.

I think the rice was made of pure MSG, laced with some addictive, euphoric drug that I cannot name...
Because it was the most delicious rice I've ever had.

The cup of chicken broth attested to that fact. The broth felt like crack-soup.

But oh, the rice. So creamy, such a perfect texture. Greasy from the chicken's oils in the soup. So flavorful, so savory.

I was emotionally distraught when I got full because it meant I could not eat any more rice!
I ate more rice anyways.

I wanted to ask them to just give me a week's worth of rice to take home...so I could just eat it forever! But I didn't. It's better if I don't, because I'd eat the week's worth all in one sitting, haha!

No comments:

Post a Comment