Tuesday, January 17, 2012

What a Sunny Day! [Campus]

It was a beautiful day when I woke up this morning! For the first time the sun is shining! The world is beautiful!

The bottom is a long way down! And it's all under construction.

At the bottom of the hill, I found this little juk dian.
(That old lady got mad at me for taking a picture; I don't know why though.)

My dream come true! Walking down into the streets and getting my 鱼片粥 and 油条!And all for only HK$18 or approximately $2ish!! So cheap!!

This is the minibus I take to school everyday!

What is this I pass by every day on the way to school? Ahhh, a giant cement cemetery. It's pretty scary and huge, walking by it as night. And actually, it's right across the street from the hospital, which is convenient.

This is the main gate! Since it's such a beautiful day, here are some pictures of my campus!



Little Laura on her first day of school!


HKU's campus is actually really confusing. A map doesn't really help because what you really need is a 3D model. It's built on a hill (the whole area is on a hill. Hong Kong Island is just an island mountain to us!) so everything is very...vertical. Not only are there are MILLION stairs EVERYWHERE, but the buildings are somewhat on top of each other.

This, I like to call The Stair Master. I've gone up these stairs every day that I've been in Hong Kong so far D= The camera can barely capture how many stairs there are here.

You have to go through buildings to get to other buildings and go up random elevators/stairs. You think you're on the ground floor, but then you go up to the 4th floor and it's the ground floor of the next building. Good God, it's so confusing!
Especially for someone coming from UCI, which is laid out really simply. Can't get any easier than ring road!


Here is one of the cafeterias!This is a REALLY creepy statue by the cafeteria. SO scary.


The Global Lounge (which is the only hang out place and I always see other exchange students there) put on a free mini Chinese New Year celebration for us. There was performances and stuff!


We got to do calligraphy!
There was gonna be free food at the party but it wasn't enough for us ravenous girls, so we ventured down into the mid-levels and found some wonton mein!


I love wonton mein! It came with some 春卷。

No comments:

Post a Comment